- Insufficient sleep is increasingly considered a health epidemic in the United States.
- Half of Americans (48%) say they don’t get enough sleep, but less than half of them take any one specific action to help them get better sleep.1
- According to the Institute of Medicine, persons experiencing sleep insufficiency are also more likely to suffer from chronic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, depression, and obesity, as well as from cancer, increased mortality, and reduced quality of life and productivity.
- The National Department of Transportation estimates drowsy driving to be responsible for 1,550 fatalities and 40,000 nonfatal injuries annually in the United States.
1 The Better Sleep Council, www.Bettersleep.org.
Seditol helps people fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. It is ideal for sports enthusiasts who desire restorative sleep to aid in muscle recovery and development, and for the countless people who are simply in desperate need of a good night’s rest.
- Proprietary combination of extracts from Magnolia officinalis bark (US Patent No. 6,814,987) and Ziziphus spinosa seed.
- All-natural, Non-irradiated, Non-ETO treated, Non-GMO, Vegetarian, and Vegan.
- No side effects or “hangover” feeling the next morning.
- Kosher certified by KOF-K, one of the most prominent Kosher certification companies in the world. UKD# KFHEX453AE6.
- Available for use in tablets, capsules and soft gels.
- NPN Template available, providing an easy path to Health Canada Licensure. Companies located in Canada can purchase Seditol through Next Pharmaceuticals’ exclusive distributor, Organic Extracts, a division of Enzed Nutricorp.
A study was conducted to test Seditol and its individual ingredients for ability to inhibit binding with central nervous system receptors associated with relaxation and sleep.
- Studies were conducted to determine the inhibition of binding of adenosine, dopamine, and serotonin. The higher the percent inhibition of binding, the more effective the substance.
- Known to play an important role in initiation of sleep.
- Adenosine A1: 14% inhibition
- Plays an important role in mood and is increased as an internal reward system, leading to feelings associated with pleasure and contentment.
- Dopamine Transporter: 64% inhibition
- D5 Receptor: 21% inhibition
- Involved in a number of physiological functions, including sleep, appetite, pain perceptions, and sexual activity. There are 14 serotonin receptors.
- 5-HT1B: 29% antagonistic inhibition (Plays a crucial role in regulating serotonin transmission to the brain)
- 5-HT6: 20% antagonistic inhibition
Assessment was conducted to subjectively assess the tolerability and benefits of Seditol to subjects with mild to moderate sleep difficulties.
- Open-label assessment
- 295 volunteer subjects
- Subjects took Seditol for a minimum of 2 weeks
- 80% subjectively reported that Seditol helped them relax, assisted in a restful sleep and was effective in reducing fatigue due to lack of sleep
Related Health Research